Thursday, October 22, 2009

October 22, 2009

Hi family and friends!
Wanted to let you know how my latest trip to Mayo went.

Unfortunetly, wasn't all good news!

Tuesday, I went in for the chest scan, and blood work.

Wednesday, I went to see the Dr. for the results and have chemo.

I have a new shadow, on my right lung, and and on my adrenal gland.
I also have a shadow on my lymph node...(same area as before)..
So, it was recommended we change chemo treatments to a different type,
with different goals. (the other treatments, were targeting tumors)...
this is just going throughout the body, and trying to get what is in it's way~
not sure how to explain it....

I now will have chemo once a week for three weeks, then a chest x ray;
then the same treatment the following three weeks, then a chest scan to
evaluate and see how things are working.

We are disappointed; however, we understand there are to be 'forks in the road',
so hopefully the next road will be a better destination.... if not, I feel the doctors' have 'maps of roads'!!!!!!
Please, continue the prayers and I do appreciate all of the encouragement I receive from
you all, in cards, calls and thoughts...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Kim and Bill!

3 comments:

Joe and Char said...

Bill and Kim, I hope that you are aware of how many friends you have and how much we all care for you. We will continue to be with you in thoughts and prayers through your peaks and valleys. You have made us all better people through your strength and attitude during your ordeal.I thank God everyday for having such wonderful friends.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kim and Bill,

You have had such good news in recent months, so you can turn this around, too. Our prayers are storming heaven for good health for you!

Love and hugs,

Kathy and Dave

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you Aunt Kim!

Love,
Chris & Brennon